Here we are in the “merry, merry month of May” which has taken us by surprise with its cool temperatures. However, there is always warmth at the Arts Center so please note what is special this month.
1) There is an OPEN RECEPTION on Friday, May 6, from 7-9 p.m. at the Arts Center to open the “Arts by Veterans” Show, featuring artworks by 26 different veterans of all the services and various wars. These include works in all media: oil, watercolor, photography, sculpture, etc. Please plan to attend the Reception, meet the Veteran artists, and hear the stories behind their creative works. MAC is proud to honor our Veterans and their work.
2) The “Arts by Veterans” Show is open every Saturday and Sunday , 1-4 p.m., beginning May 7 after the Open Reception, throughout the month of May.
3) 4th Friday @ the Arts Cafe, May 27th, this month highlights “The Softer Side of Celtic”, a wonderful group whose music and stories will liven up your spirits with the backdrop of the Veterans’ Art Show lining the Charles W. Hall Art Gallery. A double pleasure…
4) We are working on the ART PARK and have completed a walking path around the perimeter, one of the first steps needed. We will keep you appraised as we continue with Phase 2.
5) Remember to sign up for our newest art classes: “Chain Jewelry” and “Watercolor Classes” by contacting Aldo Passarelli at (860) 874-9622. Details are on our website www.marlborougharts.org.
6) Many community events are also happening at MAC with personal parties, weddings, receptions, and political forums among them. If you are interested in renting our beautiful facilities, leave a message at (860) 295-9389.
7) We are looking for someone with accounting skills to assist our Treasurer, so if you’d like to help out MAC in this way, leave a message on that same phone, (860) 295-9389.
Hoping to see you and your friends at MAC soon!
- OPEN RECEPTION for Art by Veterans Show
- May’s 4th Friday @ the Arts Cafe